M+A Partners is a progressive firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Specialists and Business Advisers. We are currently looking for a talented Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager to join the team at our Attleborough office.
The role will include looking after an Accounts and Tax (personal and corporation tax) portfolio.
We are looking for:
- ACA or ACCA qualified;
- minimum of 1 year post-qualification practice experience.
The role includes:
- Reviewing statutory accounts;
- speaking to clients regarding any queries, and preparing the file ready for the Partner to meet with the client;
- finalising the statutory accounts and submitting to Companies House;
- reviewing quarterly VAT returns and management accounts and liaising with Trainees and Assistants regarding the submission;
- reviewing corporation tax returns to include submitting these to HM Revenue & Customs;
- there will also be some personal tax return work required mainly in relation to Partners / Directors;
- quoting on fees, raising the fees on the portfolio, as well as managing your work in progress;
- responsible for the day to day management of clients, this includes dealing with client queries (which may be by telephone, email or in person) and assisting the Partner in future planning and queries as requested.
The portfolio will primarily be limited companies (non-audit), alongside some sole traders and partnerships.
As a Portfolio Holder / Assistant Manager, you will also be working with Trainees and Assistants to support their workload and ongoing practical training. This includes liaising with other Managers / Assistant Managers within the office, to ensure deadlines are met.
Whilst previous experience of managing a client portfolio would be advantageous, the role would also suit someone who is looking to progress and take on a portfolio. Mentoring from a Manager is available for the right candidate. Experience in managing tasks and reviewing trainees’ and assistants’ work would be essential.
The role is for a Portfolio Holder or Assistant Manager, depending on experience.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For the right candidate there may be an opportunity for further training and qualifications.
Please send your CV and covering letter as soon as possible to
firstname.lastname@example.org or to FAO Lisa Hennings, M+A Partners, 7 The Close, Norwich NR1 4DJ