At M+A Partners, our focus is to bring together professional accounts, audit and tax expertise with practical, forward-looking advice that adds value.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts and Tax Portfolio Holder within our Attleborough office.
This role is open to candidates seeking their next opportunity either as an Assistant Manager or Manager level, depending on experience.
So, whether you are looking for further professional development or to make a move to a new environment that encourages flexibility and work-life balance, we want to hear from you.
This role is to manage a mixed portfolio of accounts and tax clients, from individuals through to corporate clients and owner managed businesses.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing statutory accounts, finalising the statutory accounts and submitting to Companies House;
- Speaking to and advising clients and preparing the client’s file ahead of any meetings scheduled with the Partner;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of clients, this includes dealing with client enquiries and assisting the Partner with future planning and queries as required;
- Reviewing VAT returns;
- Reviewing corporation tax returns, including their submission to HMRC;
- Reviewing self-assessment personal tax returns;
- Responsible for quoting fees, raising fee invoices and managing their own WIP (work in progress);
- Liaising with other Managers and Assistant Managers within the office, to ensure deadlines are met; and
- Working with Trainees and Assistants to support their workload and ongoing practical training.
- ACA or ACCA qualified;
- Previous experience of managing a mixed accounts and tax portfolio;
- Previous experience managing tasks and checking trainees’ work; and
- Minimum of 2-years post-qualification practice experience is essential.
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Opportunity for progression within the firm; and
- A split between home and office working is an option.
For the right candidate there is the opportunity for further training and qualifications.
Please send your CV and covering letter as soon as possible to email@example.com