M+A Partners is a progressive firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Specialists and Business Advisers. We are looking for a talented individual to join the firm as a Trust and Tax Assistant Manager.
The role is to be responsible for the management of a portfolio of clients in the Norfolk and Suffolk area within the specialism of Trusts. This role sits within the Private Client Team in the Tax department of our firm based in Norwich.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The preparation of trust accounts, self assessment tax returns and R185s;
- Inheritance tax returns and computations, including principal and periodic IHT liabilities;
- Dealing with Trust Registration Service submissions;
- Managing a portfolio of trust clients, including dealing with trust administration matters as necessary;
- Liaising with beneficiaries and stockbrokers as well as other professionals;
- Effectively dealing with client and HMRC correspondence; and
- Working closely and assisting the Tax Senior Managers and Partners with complex Trust planning matters.
- At least ATT qualified;
- STEP qualified is preferred but not essential as professional study support is available;
- Experience of working within Trusts in a practice, legal or banking environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excel skills; and
- Working knowledge of accounting packages is preferred but full training is available.
- Competitive Salary and benefit package including:
– 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
– Flexible working and ability to work from home
– Further professional study support
- Opportunity for progression within the Firm.
Please send your CV and covering letter as soon as possible to Rebecca Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org