The Government’s Help To Grow: Digital scheme has launched and is designed to support smaller businesses adopt digital technologies to enable them to effectively manage their finances and build client relationships.
Under the scheme, eligible businesses can access
- A discount of up to 50% on the costs of buying approved software, worth up to £5,000; and
- Practical, specialised support and impartial advice helping them to choose the right digital technologies to encourage growth.
Eligible businesses will only receive one discount towards the purchase of one approved software product up to a maximum of £5,000 (not including VAT).
The financial discount covers 12 months’ worth of approved software product core costs, exclusive of VAT.
Discounts are available for approved software that will help businesses to build client relationships, increase sales and manage accounts and finances digitally. Additional software products, including e-Commerce software, are expected to become available for Help to Grow: Digital discounts soon.
To be eligible for the up to 50% discount on the costs of buying approved software, businesses must
- Have between 5 and 249 employees;
- Be a UK company registered with Companies House or on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Mutuals Register;
- Be incorporated and actively trading for over a year prior to the date of application for the discount; and
- Be purchasing the approved software for the first time.
Finding out more
Businesses can provide information about how they work, where they trade and how they would like to improve their business using this short survey. They will then be able to access advice and guidance on the right digital solution for their business.
Enquiries on the Help To Grow: Digital scheme can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Businesses will need to provide
- Details regarding the enquiry, feedback and any specific information that is relevant;
- Contact name and contact details; and
- If this is a reply to an original response, also include the customer or application reference number (if applicable).