The Breckland Council website is a helpful resource when it comes to finding out about the grants available to local businesses.
Spring Back Business Grants
Breckland Council have now launched their Spring Back Programme, which includes grants outside of the Government Covid-19 business grant schemes.
The Spring Back grant is targeted at the specific needs identified for businesses reopening and meeting the increased demand through the summer period.
- Shop Front Improvement Scheme – Any businesses based in Breckland’s primary shopping areas, or any customer facing business, will be able to get financial support for improvements and enhancements to their shop frontage;
- Covid Safe and Adaption Grants – Grants of up to £5k will be available to invest in safety; or change business practices. From extra PPE and screens, through to a new marquee or outdoor seating;
- Digital Breckland – Enabling any Breckland-based business to get support for their digital offer, with grants towards making key digital changes from a new payment system, through to search engine optimisation;
- Expanded enterprise and start-up scheme – Finance and advice for new entrepreneurs looking to start-up locally;
- Discretionary grants – For Breckland based businesses that are ineligible for grants under other national schemes, including the self-employed, market traders and mobile traders;
- Covid Business Safe Scheme – Recognises businesses in the district which have put in place measures and working practices to help protect their staff and customers from coronavirus.
Breckland Council provide helpful email updates on the grants available for businesses.