Schools and Academies Accounting and Audit Services
M+A Partners has an established record of providing professional audit, accounting and tax services for schools and academies across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Our team of experts work closely with each of our school and academy clients to understand their structure and future goals. We deliver year-round support to help with financial reporting obligations throughout the academic cycle, together with addressing the requirements of the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Independence from local authorities produces opportunities for academies, whilst also creating the need for enhanced financial reporting systems to manage regulatory accountability. Our in-depth knowledge of the statutory accounting and audit demands faced by academies enables us to support clients with their increased responsibilities, providing practical guidance at every stage.
We also provide a knowledgeable service that specifically caters for schools that are converting to an academy. As specialists in the academy accounting sector, we can help to answer any queries that may arise as clients implement their new accounting and audit regime.
How We Add Value
- Delivering cost-effective and robust statutory audits for schools and academies;
- Establishing effective accounting and taxation procedures that comply with regulatory reporting requirements;
- Developing financial systems, controls and risk management policies;
- On-going support to the school or academy finance team, with experts available to answer all queries, including payroll and employment tax issues;
- Specialist advice on tax and VAT, helping schools and academies to meet their obligations and benefit from any reliefs they are entitled to; and
- Guiding clients through the financial, funding and governance implications of converting to an academy.