ESG Carbon Monitoring

We have signed up to the UK Business Climate Hub, committing to be net zero carbon by 2030. To achieve this target, we are very much focused on the steps we need to take to enable us to quantify the sustainability impact of our operations.

We are engaging with Rio to monitor our carbon footprint. Their software enables us to effectively analyse our utilities, track our carbon output and develop ways to reduce this going forwards.

Recycling is actively promoted across each of our offices, with paper, cardboard, printer cartridges and food waste added to designated bins – which saw a 94% success rate in 2023. Our waste supplier steps in to ensure the remaining 6% goes to Refuse Derived Fuel plants before being 100% recycled into energy. Our food waste is sent to anaerobic digestion plants, creating biogas.

When it comes to suppliers, we support local and want to ensure we make the right, ethical choices in each of our buying decisions.

Our printers only use paper that comes from fully sustainable, forests – for every tree harvested, at least two trees are planted.

We are a business member of Treekly. Our steps add up to fund trees in global sites, planting our own virtual forest.


ESG Giving Back

With three offices located in the centre of some prominent Norfolk communities, we are always exploring ways to give something back to local people, organisations and businesses.

Our team are motivated when it comes to getting involved in charity fundraising opportunities and offering our assistance in terms of volunteering and sponsorship.

Our ‘Spotlight Talks’ are a fantastic way of learning all about the initiatives of local charities, as we welcome a speaker into the office to share their mission and the incredible work they do.

Through a combination of sponsorship and fundraising we raised over £20,000 for charities, groups and organisations within our local communities in 2023.

Take a look below to see the charities, groups, events and organisations we supported.

We are excited to be able to build on our support throughout 2024 and to actively play a part in supporting some of the wonderful charities and events on our doorstep – keep an eye on this page for more details.


ESG Sustainability

We want to encourage firm-wide conversations and activities around ESG, so that it becomes a natural consideration that filters through into every aspect of our business.

Although we have three physical office locations, it is our goal to create a collaborative, cohesive working environment.

When it comes to decision making and developing a sustainable business model, we value clear accountabilities, transparency of process and reporting practices. Having the right structure in place enables proactive decision making and helps us to realise the environmental and social goals we are striving for.

Our ESG Officer is M+A Partners’ Chief Operating Officer, Phil Webster, who works closely with the ESG Committee to create a clear process for identifying, implementing and addressing environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities.

We understand the importance of robust cyber security precautions and privacy measures and are working towards our Cyber Essentials accreditation.

We conduct ourselves morally, ethically and honourably, and always strive to do the right thing.

Charity and community support

Attleborough FunFest
Attleborough Football Club
Aylsham Show
Cromer Christmas Lights
Cromer Seahorse Trail
Cromer Tennis Club
Disasters Emergency Earthquake Appeal
East Anglian Air Ambulance
Friend in Deed
Holt Festival

Limelight Theatre Company
Mundesley Golf Club
Nelson’s Journey
Norfolk Heart Trust
Norfolk & Waveney Mind
Norfolk Wildlife Trust
Norfolk Young Professionals Group
North Norfolk Foodbank
Norwich Cathedral
Norwich School

Norwich Theatres
Sail 4 Recovery
Save the Children
Sheringham Little Theatre
St Martins Housing Trust
The Royal Norfolk Show
Trussell Trust
Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
Wymondham Rugby Club

Our ESG Committee

The M+A Partners Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) committee is made up of team members, representing each of our offices and departments, volunteering themselves to provide structure and impetus to our actions in the hope of assisting the firm to be the best possible corporate citizen it can.