The Help To Grow programme offers small and medium-sized businesses across the UK the opportunity to learn new skills, reach new customers and boost profits.
The scheme is divided into two parts – Help To Grow: Digital and Help To Grow: Management.
Help To Grow: Management
The Help To Grow Management scheme launches in June and gives businesses the opportunity to take part in a 12-week programme delivered by small business experts from leading university business schools, with the support of leading figures from industry and experienced entrepreneurs.
It is designed to provide mentorship and training for leaders of small and medium-sized businesses across the UK and will include both online and face-to-face sessions.
The programme is designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, with key benefits including
- Opportunity to enhance management and strategic capabilities;
- Produce a business growth plan;
- Learn how to innovate and apply financial management techniques;
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility;
- Develop value proposition and reach growth markets;
- Build vision and brand;
- Create customer value; and
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices.
The programme is 90% subsidised by the Government, with participants charged £750.
Who is it for?
UK businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than one year, with between 5 to 249 employees are eligible.
The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business e.g. Chief Executive, Finance Director etc.
Charities are not eligible.
Help To Grow: Digital
This Autumn, businesses will be able to access free advice, via an online hub, on how technologies can help save time and money, whilst encouraging growth.
Eligible businesses will be given vouchers, entitling them to 50% off the purchase of approved software.
It is expected that this will be software to help build customer relationships, optimise online sales and manage finances digitally.
Who is it for?
All businesses will be able to benefit from free online advice on the platform.
The voucher is expected to be available to UK business that
- Employ between 5 and 249 employees and are registered at Companies House;
- Have been trading for more than twelve months; and
- Are purchasing the discounted software for the first time.
Full details on the businesses and software eligible for the voucher will be published this summer.