The Government has provided funding to local authorities, under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG), for businesses that have been required to close due to national lockdowns.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local authority for each period of national lockdown.
Details of the second payment cycle have now been announced, this covers 16 February to 31 March 2021.
Eligible businesses will qualify for grants if
- They occupy property on which they pay business rates (and are the ratepayer);
- They have been required to close because of the national lockdown from 5 January 2021 onwards; and
- They have been unable to provide their usual in-person customer service from their premises.
Pubs and restaurants not able to admit customers but which are offering takeaway, click and collect or delivery services will be treated as closed for the purposes of this grant.
Other eligibility criteria may apply, please see individual local authority websites for details.
The amount of grant payable is based on the business property’s rateable value as shown in the business rates list at the start of the national lockdown on 5 January 2021.
The grant amounts payable are specified on each local authority website and will be confirmed by them to eligible businesses.
The second payment cycle covers a forty four day restrictions period, from 16 February to 31 March 2021:
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under may be eligible for a cash grant of £2,096;
- Businesses with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 may be eligible for a cash grant of £3,143; and
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above may be eligible for a cash grant of £4,714.
How to apply
The Local Restrictions Support Grant is available through local authorities, with application information detailed on their individual websites – please see links below.
Many local authorities state that if an application form has already been completed for the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme (LRSG) Closed for the January 2021 lockdown, there is no requirement to apply for further funding. Eligible businesses will automatically receive the funding based on the details in their original application form.
All businesses that did not apply for the original LRSG will need to complete the application forms available on their local authority’s website.
Links for local authority websites in our region can be found below